2016 PLAYWRIGHTS EXPRESs...
The First Stage Playwrights' Express is the annual staged reading marathon of 15-minute plays performed over the course of a weekend as our major fundraiser.
This year we have partnered with the Eclectic Company Theatre.
For their submission fee*, playwrights are guaranteed a staged reading of their work over the two day festival weekend. Fees received support the free member services provided by First Stage, and the writers get to see their work performed by professional actors. The audience votes for its favorite comedy, drama and best of the festival. Playwrights are encouraged to attend but not required. It's an exciting and fun event.
PLAYWRIGHTS' EXPRESS SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
• Original work(s) - Excerpts O.K.
• Not longer than 15 minutes.
• No more than 6 characters. 2 - 4 characters are preferred.
• Include a cast breakdown with age range and gender for each character and a one sentence log line or synopsis.
• Include a tax-deductible donation of $40 for each work, (Make checks payable to the "Eclectic Company Theater".)
• Digital copies will be emailed to you, but if you prefer a DVD of your work (up to 3 plays on one DVD) one will be available for an additional $30 donation.
• Include enough copies for each character, the director and technical director.
• All rights remain property of the writer.
• Deadline: Submission deadline for 2016 - April 21st, 2016.
• Mail to:
Scripts will not be returned. Results of audience voting will be posted on both the First Stage and Eclectic Company Theatre website.
To contact First Stage, please email email@example.com, or visitwww.firststagela.org.
To contact the Eclectic Company Theatre, please call 818.508.3003, firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit http://eclecticcompanytheatre.org.
*These fees are the only means of support for our 501(c)(3) non profit organization. Tax ID #95-4248868 The fee is a tax deductible donation.